The portable LabPad® Evolution instrument is an In-Vitro
Diagnostic (IVD) device for healthcare professionals for use in Point of
Care. It is designed to operate using compatible chips.
The LabPad® Evolution can be used as a standalone device or as a connected device via USB or Bluetooth.
LabPad® Evolution has been designed to perform rapid tests from a small volume of sample. The LabPad® Evolution can be operated with Tsmart® or Ksmart® chips, which currently are available for TP/INR measurement and for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen and Antibody detection.
The Tsmart® and Ksmart® chip label includes all data required to perform the test, no settings or calibration is needed to perform the test. The instrument automatically runs internal controls prior to, during and after each measurement and does not allow use of expired tests. In case of malfunction, the instrument displays an error message.
All results are automatically saved in the device memory, which can save up to 1,000 measurements. The default memory management is automatic, the oldest result is automatically erased to allow the new test result to be saved.
When the instrument is configured to share the result with the LABPAD+, a smartphone and tablet application for the secure transmission of HL7 data to a healthcare. As a connected device to an information system it allows operator authorization, user and patient identification, quality control and result validation and management.
LabPad® Evolution provides
Reliable results with minimal discomfort
- Accurate results from only a small drop of finger prick or EDTA blood
- Instrument runs quality checks to ensure correct results
- Use of expired tests is not possible
- Results appear on the display automatically within <1 minute (for Tsmart® tests only)
- Doing the tests at point of care or at home spares time
Ease of use
- All needed data to perform the test is on the test chip label
- Both battery and electrical power supply operation possible
- Complementary patient identification APP for ANDROID and IOS.
- Test results can be shared via Bluetooth or USB port
- TP/INR on Tsmart® chip
- SARS-CoV-2 Antigen on Ksmart® chip
- COVID-19 semi-quantitative IgG/IgM on Ksmart® chip
Tests under development
- Cardiac Markers
|Products available||155061 LabPad® Evolution instrument|
|Use||For in vitro diagnostic use|
|Method||Patented lensless technology|
|Sample type||Test dependent|
|Instrument information||Size: L 17.2 cm x W 7.4 cm x H 2 - 4.6 cm |
Weight: 270 g net
|Time to result||Test dependent|
|Reading of the result||Instrument reads and displays the result.|
Result being in or outside therapeutic zone is displayed.
|Operating conditions||Ambient temperature 15–32ºC|
Relative humidity level < 85%
|Storage and transportation||Temperature -20 to 70°C|
|Additionally needed||155064 Ksmart® SARS-CoV-2 Antibody rapid tests, 25 tests|
155063 Ksmart® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen rapid tests, 25 tests
155062 Tsmart® INR microcuvette, 24 tests
|Country of origin||France|
|Registered trademark||LabPad®, Tsmart® and Ksmart® are registered trademarks of Avalun (a member of the BIOSYNEX group)|